This Cajun twist on a holiday classic is an Acadia Crawfish family favorite. With a short prep time and easy-to-follow recipe, it’s the perfect dish to round out your Thanksgiving meal. Just be careful, because once you cook this dressing your family and guests are going to expect it at every holiday dinner!
At Acadia Crawfish, we love this recipe because it’s a great use of leftover tails from crawfish boils. However, if you haven’t boiled any crawfish recently or don’t have any leftovers, it works great with a thawed-out package of our crawfish tails.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 2 pounds of crawfish tails
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup of green onions, chopped
- 1 cup of toasted pecans, chopped
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ¾ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Cajun Bayou Blends seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- First, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in your white rice once the water has reached a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (or until the rice has softened and all of the liquid has absorbed).
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease the bottom of a medium baking dish.
- While your oven is heating up, place a large skillet over medium heat. Stir together your ground beef, onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender and beef is evenly browned.
- Once your beef is browned, stir in your cooked rice, crawfish tails, pecans, butter and green onions into the ground beef mixture, and season with Cajun Bayou Blends seasoning and black pepper. Continue stirring while cooking over medium for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer all of the contents to the lightly greased baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Then, bake in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking until the top becomes lightly browned.
- Finally, sprinkle the top with parsley and let stand for 5 minutes before serving! Voila, your crawfish dressing is done!